This position entails selling of tickets on up to three different ticketing systems. Those ticket systems include Ticketmaster, Paciolan and Archtics. Ticket Agents must have the ability to service patrons both in person and on the telephone. Hours will be determined by the needs of the Hobby Center and will include weekends, evenings and holidays. Ticket Agents must be very Customer Service oriented and be able to provide a high level of service in a fast paced, high stress environment. Ticket Agents will report directly to the Ticketing Services Manager and the Box Office Manager. These positions are for part-time employent.
(The following are examples but the position is not limited to the functions listed below):
- Provide a high level of customer service to patrons both in person and over the telephone.
- Responsible for Daily Balancing of cash drawers and credit card transactions.
- Process single ticket sales, subscription sales, and exchanges.
- Maintain a proper image and generate positive public relations.
- Learn as much information as is provided about any and all performances held at the Hobby Center and be able to communicate that information effectively to Patrons.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Learn all necessary aspects of ticketing on any and all systems used in the Box Office.
- Complete special projects and tasks as assigned by the Ticketing Services Manager and the Box office Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ticketing and/or Customer Service experience is required.
- A strong interest in learning about events in Music, Dance, Theatre, etc. presented at the Hobby Center.
- Excellent grasp of Customer Service and accuracy in handling financial transactions.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of co-workers and Patrons.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, TicketMaster, Archtics and/or Paciolan) required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings and holidays, when necessary.
- Interest in working as part of a team.
- Candidates will be subject to pre-employment screening and background check.
- The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operated by the Hobby Center Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to:
Hobby Center for the Performing Arts
800 Bagby Street, Suite 300
Houston, TX. 77002