General Ticketing Policies
The following are general policies of the Hobby Center Box Office. These policies are subject to change and may vary by show and by series.
Before Buying Your Tickets
The staff of the Hobby Center can help you select and purchase your tickets. Please consider the following questions so we may provide the best options and service:
- Which performance date and time do you prefer? It is a good idea to have an alternate date in mind.
- Is the performance date or the seat location more important to you?
- Which section of the theater do you prefer? Do you like to be close to the stage or farther back in the center, left or right?
- How do you plan on paying for tickets? The Box Office accepts American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, checks and cash.
- All performance seating is assigned, reserved seating. A ticket is required for admission into the theater.
- All patrons regardless of age must have a ticket. This includes infants and small children.
- As a courtesy to other patrons and performers, admittance is not allowed for children 5 and under unless the program is child/family specific in nature.
- A ticket provides one (1) person license to a seat for the specified event, date, time and seat location.
- All sales are final.
- No refunds or exchanges.
- Management reserves the right to revoke this license(ticket) without refund of the purchase price or related fees including but not limited to facility fees, convenience fees, or service charges.
- License(ticket) user assumes all risk of personal injury incidental to or occurring prior to, during or after the event and agrees not to hold the facility responsible in the event of any personal or property loss.
Beware of Buying from Ticket Brokers
The resale of event tickets in Texas is legal. You may well find event tickets on sale at ticket brokers. Though brokers are never the primary sales point, they access tickets by purchasing them in the same way as the consumer. Please keep in mind, when you buy from a broker:
- We cannot be responsible for tickets purchased through unauthorized third parties.
- We cannot replace your tickets if they are lost or stolen.
- We cannot exchange your tickets into other performances.
- We cannot issue a refund to you in case of an event cancellation.
- We cannot guarantee that your tickets are valid and therefore, cannot guarantee admittance.
- You may be paying much more than the ticket’s face value.
- We cannot contact you with information regarding time changes, show cancellations or other information.
Help us serve you in the best manner possible. Buy your tickets only from authorized ticketing agents including the Hobby Center Box Office, BBVA Compass Broadway at the Hobby Center Series, Theatre Under The Stars and Ticketmaster.
Ticket Exchanges and Returns
All sales are final and non-refundable. Exchanges are available for BBVA Compass Broadway at the Hobby Center Series and Theatre Under The Stars subscribers only. You must present the original ticket at the time of exchange, which must be done at the Hobby Center Box Office windows. We cannot hold tickets for an exchange.
You may purchase a limited number of tickets from the Hobby Center for each event. The limit is set for each event, based on anticipated demand for the event. Limits are verified with every transaction. This policy discourages unfair ticket buying practices and reselling.
- Tickets purchased by telephone more than ten (10) days in advance of a show will be mailed, if requested.
- Tickets purchased ten (10) days or less from the show date will be held at Will Call on the night of the performance. Will Call will open 90 minutes prior to curtain and will remain open through intermission of the performance.
- A photo ID reflecting the name the tickets have been left under and the credit card on which the tickets were charged are required for pick-up.
- If ordering your tickets online, you may also select a Print at Home option. Your tickets will be emailed to you. Print and bring them on the night of the performance.
Photographing or recording of any and all performances is strictly prohibited.
As a courtesy to other patrons and to the performers, latecomers and those who exit the theater during the performance will not be admitted into the seating chamber until an appropriate interval (determined by the performance management).
Rescheduled or Canceled Events
- As soon as the Hobby Center is notified of a canceled event by an artist or an artist representative, we immediately notify all original ticket purchasers by U.S. mail, time permitting.
- For events that are canceled and NOT rescheduled, you may not have to return the tickets. The refund is usually processed using your original method of payment.
- Refunds will be issued to the patron who purchased the ticket, who may not be the actual ticket holder.
- If an event is rescheduled, you will have the option of receiving a refund or getting tickets to the rescheduled date. In both cases, you will need to return tickets to the Box Office in order to finalize the transaction.
- When an event cancels or reschedules, it is always best to keep your tickets until you receive the refund or new tickets. Your ticket is your receipt.
- Refunds or rescheduled exchanges can only be processed at the point of purchase. The Hobby Center cannot refund or exchange tickets purchased through www.broadwayacrossamerica.com.
Lost or Stolen Tickets
- If your tickets are lost or stolen, please immediately contact the Hobby Center Box Office by phone 713.315.2525.
- In most cases, we can replace tickets with the seats that you originally purchased at the Box Office. You must provide proof of purchase.
- For security purposes, we cannot mail or reissue replacement tickets.
- Replacement tickets override the original tickets, if both were to show up the night of the event.
Ticket Exchanges and Returns
All sales are final and non-refundable. Ticket exchanges are permissible for BBVA Compass Broadway at the Hobby Center Series and Theatre Under The Stars subscribers at the Hobby Center Box Office only provided the original ticket is presented for exchange. We cannot hold tickets for an exchange.
The Hobby Center Box Office collects contact information from all patrons to ensure the highest quality of customer service and communication. We use this information in the following ways:
- To mail tickets, season brochures and new show announcements
- To communicate important information, such as show cancelations or rescheduled events
- When credit card security policies require that mailing and invoicing addresses are in agreement
The Hobby Center Box Office does not share customer information.
- For BBVA Compass Broadway at the Hobby Center Series ticket policies, please call 800.952.6560 or visit BroadwayAtTheHobbyCenter.com.
- For Theatre Under The Stars ticket policies, please call 713.558.8887 or visit www.tuts.com.